Give food and enrichment items for our zoo animals
The Alaska Zoo is a private, non-profit organization that thrives on donations of all kinds, including food donations to fill the bowls of our animals! We also accept donations of enrichment items used to stimulate the animals in their habitats.
Please review the list below to see if you have any donation items to give. We have a drop-off location in our lower parking lot by the greenhouse nearest the horse ranch, a marked freezer which is checked by zookeepers throughout the day. This freezer location is available for dropping off items any time of the day except when the parking lot is closed (closed from 10pm to 6am). The zoo is open every day of the year except Thanksgiving and Christmas Days.
donation items for the animals:
- Frozen fish, beef, game meat, poultry (no pork or bear , no smoking or seasoning, must be sealed and frozen, less then 2 years old per USDA)
- Peanut Butter
- Unsalted nuts and unsalted peanuts
- Dog biscuits
- Mild spices (no garlic or onion)
- Local pet store gift cards
- Local grocery store gift cards
- Animal and horse treats
- Water-based kids paints
- Scented wide-tipped markers
- Kong pet toys