The Alaska Zoo's annual Zoolstice celebration has returned! This is one of our longest running zoo events, held annually at the zoo for more than two decades now.
We hope you will join us to celebrate summer solstice at this fun and family-friendly festival on zoo grounds on Saturday, June 16th from Noon to 4pm.
We will have the following activities happening from Noon to 4pm:
- A scavenger hunt for kids
- Animal mascots walking the trails for photo ops
- Cotton candy for sale
- Arts and crafts under a tent on the zoo lawn
- An information booth
- Hands-on critter items to touch and feel
- 1pm: Critter Chat at the tiger habitat
We will also be hosting bands for live music at:
- 11am-12pm: 9th Army Groovin' Grizzlies brass band
- 2pm-4pm: Shelkaliba marimba band
The zoo will be open until 9pm, so feel free to hang out at the zoo after the Zoolstice activities, buy supper in the Coffee Shop!