bring your education group to the zoo for a field trip. we offer many options to suit all ages.
Ratios and Minimums:
- Groups must keep proper youth/adult ratios for safety on zoo grounds.
- Adults and/or chaperones must be age 18 or older and graduated from high school.
- Proper ratios are as follows:
- Ages 12 and under require at least one adult per five youth.
- Ages 13-17 require at least one adult per 10 youth.
- Groups scheduling programs must also meet minimum number requirements. Your group must have 10 people or more to schedule a program.
General scheduling information:
- Programs must be scheduled in advance or you will be charged the higher group rate at admissions. A minimum of 24 hours in advance is required.
- Scheduling information to have ready when booking:
- Program of interest, preferred date/time, number/age of students, contact person's information (name, telephone number, email address), school or group information (name, address, telephone number).
Self-Guided Safari Scheduling:
- To schedule a Self-Guided Safari field trip to the zoo:
- ASD teachers: Please submit requests online through SchoolDude TripDirect, by logging into the Employee Portal.
- Organizations outside of ASD during the school year: Contact Marva Stevens at email@example.com or 907.742.4147.
- Organizations outside of ASD during the summer: Contact Nathan Hollenbeck at firstname.lastname@example.org or 907.341.6458.
All other field trip scheduling:
- To schedule a Guided Encounter, Critter Tales, Hands-on Animal Detectives, Zoo School or Bear Zoo School field trip: